I've done it again 🤦♂️ It all started when I wanted to add a menu to this site. "Simple!", I thought. The rabbit hole went like this:
- I can use Headless UI to add a simple menu
- Headless UI only supports Vue 3
- My current static site generator (SSG), Gridsome, doesn’t support Vue 3
- I have a look around. It turns out SSG support for Vue 3 is poor at the moment
- I look for a new SSG. I like the look of Jigsaw
- I spend a few days re-building my site with Jigsaw
- I don’t like some apects of Jigsaw
- I decide to build my own SSG
4 days later, I have a brand new static site generator I've decided to call Staticus 😂 Sometimes, being able to build things yourself is a curse.
Looking for more?
Subscribe to my newsletter to get infrequent updates in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.